Every person is different and that is the exact reason why ergonomic office chairs are also different depending on the features provided. The important thing is to feel comfortable when sitting in your work chair for more than 6-8 hours a day without feeling stiffness, back or neck pains. Office supply pricing can be quite affordable too!
Imagine how expensive and impractical would be to create chairs specifically designed for each person. That is exactly why ergonomic chairs come in various forms and can also be adjusted according to your needs.
What you can do is choose a chair that:
• Has easy operating controls from sitting position
• You can adjust both the height and tilt
• The seat should not put pressure on your knees or back
• The front edge of the seat should curve towards the floor
• The fabric should be breathable
• A backrest shaped to support lower back
• Armrests should be adjustable as well
You might say it is a waste of time trying to find a seat that provides all the features mentioned above but you will be amazed how 5 minutes of your time spent choosing a comfortable chair could improve your work and efficiency, not to mention your back posture.
Ergonomic office chairs should be a must for all employees working more than six hours a day in a sitting position.